Zucchini and Summer Squash Chipson July 19th, 2011 at 10:20 am
|Zucchini and Summer Squash Chips|
- Zucchini or summer squash
- Kosher salt
- Oregano, thyme and/or rosemary
- Peccorino romano cheese
- Slice the squash into thin rounds using a large sharp knife or a mandolin. Set up a large baking sheet with a cooling rack on top. Lay out the veggies in one layer. Sprinkle salt evenly over the veggies, turn over and repeat. Set aside for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F, if you have convection all the better but reduce the temp by a few degrees.
- Using paper kitchen towels, press the water out of the zucchini (**see note below). I found it easiest to play out multiple layers of paper on the counter, remove the zucchini to the towels then lay more paper on top and press down until the water has been obsorbed.
- Lightly spray with cooling rack with oil then lay the zucchini back on in the same fashion. Lightly oil the zucchini and sprinkle the herbs and cheese over the top. Put in the oven for 20-40 minutes depending on your desired crispness and your oven.
- **Most of the salt used to extract the water from the zucchini washed away between the paper towels. If sodium is an issue you can rinse the zucchini slices under water before the paper towel massage.