Oven Baked Beet Chipson June 27th, 2011 at 4:47 pm
|Oven Baked Beet Chips||
- 2 large red beets
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Peel the beets and cut as thinly as possible – trying for a uniform thickness. Toss in a bowl with olive oil and salt. Spread on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in oven 20 minutes. Turn all slices over and continue to bake another 20-25 minutes.
- Watch closely toward the end as the high sugar content makes these chips burn rather rapidly.
- Sprinkle with additional salt and serve immediately.
You can also try this with turnips, parsnips, and any root vegetable really!