Sweet Freezer Pickleson June 27th, 2011 at 4:41 pm
|Sweet Freezer Pickles||
- 2 quarts cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced (use any variety of cucumber)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt (table salt, canning salt or kosher salt can be used)
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
- Mix cucumbers, onions and salt in a large bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Set the bowl on the counter for 2 hours.
- Pour into a colander and drain water from cucumber mixture.
- Combine sugar and vinegar. Stir well and pour over cucumbers.
- Pack into freezer containers or zip-closure bags. Freeze immediately.
- Pickles will be ready to eat in 3 or 4 days. They will keep in the freezer for up to 1 year.
These are great to pull out for a pot-luck in the dead of winter, when everyone is missing the flavors of summer!
I even cheated and bought cukes a few weeks ago and hurried and got these in the freezer, just so I could have them to serve on July 4th!